Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Perfect Girls Night Out (or How We Were Pampered By A Band's Manager, Heard Good Music, And Met One Of The Guys From Twilight)

2 1/2 weeks.

That's how long after Becca's transplant the concert was. I really wanted her to come with me to it, so I devised a scheme to get her there. I told her we'd stay in a hotel (reduce the strain/exhaustion), and sit side stage at the show (since she was still supposed to stay away from crowds), maybe meet the band after. I didn't have any of that put in place when I'd said it. She said if it could be set up that way, she'd love to go.

About a week before the show, and just a few days after she'd been discharged from the hospital, she began having seizures and was readmitted. By that point, I'd emailed the band's manager and gotten us the hotel room. I was disappointed, but more worried about Becca. I began making alternate plans to go with my mom. Then, just a couple days before the show, Becca's doctors gave her the okay to go, as long as I was with her at all times. She was discharged from the hospital.

The day came. I met Becca and her mom at the Mall of America. Becca's mom dropped her off, and we decided to do some shopping before going to our hotel. We bought some clothes, accessories, got hand treatments at Lush, and had sushi for lunch. We finally headed to our hotel, my lovely GPS lead us to the wrong street, and we ended up lost for a bit. When we finally got there (we stayed at the Westin Minneapolis), we were floored by how swanky the place was (we'd gotten a deal on the room through the band's tour discount).

We decided a nap was in order before the show, so we indulged in cozying up in the amazing bedding. When it was time, we got up, spiffed ourselves up, and got a cab to the Triple Rock for the 100 Monkeys/The Kissing Club show. The show was AMAZING and the Monkeys' manager, Lani, was super accommodating to us. She got us a spot side stage, with a chair for Becca to sit on. After the show there was a signing, where we got to meet the band, and after everyone else went through, we got a picture with them. This is that picture:


Us and the band. Oh, and that guy to my right, the one with his arm around me? That's Jackson Rathbone, or as most people know him, the guy who played Jasper Hale (blond vampire that didn't talk much) in the Twilight Saga. Yeah, I know. :)

So after all of that excitement, we took a cab back to our hotel and headed straight to bed. It was a wonderful experience, our first REAL outing, just 2 1/2 weeks after her transplant. It was great.

More posts on the horizon, I just need time to recover from some serious busyness lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment