Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sick again, oh joy!

Wednesday my roommate, myself, and a friend of ours went to the Mall of America. We had a pretty good time, then went to Old Country Buffet for dinner. I went to bed content.

Thursday morning I wake up early to work on a project, and upon waking, I realize I have a sore throat and no voice. Emailed my professor that I couldn't do my speech, then went back to bed. I slept on and off for a good 36 hours.

Friday I missed class, slept more. That night I was feeling super crappy, so I went to my parents' house for the weekend. I was running a fever, totally out of it, with a laundry list of symptoms.

This morning I went to the doc. Verdict? Sinus infection. Since I've only been sick two days, he said it was probably viral, then gave me a list of over the counter crap to take. So far I haven't slept in almost 24 hours due to the fever hot/cold issue, plus my arthritis acting up on top of it all. I'm hoping this goes away soon :/ I'm already super behind on schoolwork, I don't need to get any further behind!

Also, in my previous post I linked to some wishlists. Don't worry, I'm not soliciting anything from anyone, I just thought it'd be fun to put them up, thinking maybe a friend would surprise me with something. Sorry if I offended anyone!

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how catching something will kick us while we're down...You're sounding like you feel like a million dollars. I hope you're starting to feel better soon and ready to kick ass!

    Sending the juju and everything good.
    Just keep swimming,swimming,swimming. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if anyone has ever suggested this to you before, but as a fellow EDS'er who's struggled with sinus infections as well all my life, here are two tips you can try if you like or leave lay per your preference...both work wonders for me.

    1) if you are inclined to resp infections in general, and in particular if it's also related to allergy issues, locate honey produced by beekeepers as close to your house as you can find it and start smearing it on your morning toast. They have proved doing so actually reduces most people's immune reaction to local pollen. :)

    2) if you are congested and your voice is going, try a cup of the hottest water you can stand with two tablespoons each of both honey and lemon concentrate. Lemon in this particular form will both painlessly help numb your throat and help get clogged breathing passages open. :P

    ReplyDelete